CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT FIRST
IF YOU ARE A NEW GROUP
(OR HAVE NEW PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP)
As I mentioned in the video above, there was feedback from week one that the some of the questions may have been a little tough for new groups (or groups with new people in them) to dive into. I can absolutely see how questions that require a certain level of vulnerability and trust within the group, could have been tough for those of you in this situation.
As we head into week 2, I would like to ask you to discern what is best for your group. If you have new people in your group, please feel free to take a step back from the study and just take the week to get to know one another better. Here are some ideas for you:
- Have each person introduce themselves and share two things about themselves: something that a lot of people know. Something that only a few people know.
- Ask each person in your group to share one fear they have about joining the group, and one thing they hope to gain by being in the group.
- Ask each person to share what interests them most about the Common Threads series and what they are hoping to gain personally as you work through this together.
- Ask each person to share about someone who has significantly influenced their spiritual journey and one event in their lives that has shaped their spiritual journey.
- Have each person share about one way they find satisfaction in serving the church or others, and what one strength or giftedness they bring to the group.
If you choose to go this route, and don’t want to lose rhythm with the study, please feel free to skip the week 2 content and just ask your group to share what impacted them from the sermon.
COMMON THREADS WEEK 2
This week we are talking about Health. Here is an updated version of the week 2 study: Common Threads – Small Group Study – Week 2 Based on the feedback I received, I added a couple questions to the curriculum. If it works best for you, please feel free to download these and print them for your group, or email them to your group in advance. If you would prefer not to print them yourself, I will have copies available at the Welcome Center each week. Please take as many as you need.
As I mentioned in the video, I would love your feedback on how Common Threads is working for your group/class. I will use the feedback you give me to edit the remaining weeks of the study. Please take a few minutes to complete the form below.
Thank you again for leading. It is a blessing to serve with each of you. Have a great week.