I am so excited for Autumn. I’m looking forward to cooler days, football, changing leaves, pumpkin spice lattes, and did I mention football. However, what I am really excited for is to get Grow Together groups back in the school year rhythm (yes I realize some of you never left that rhythm), and to hopefully launch a bunch of new groups in a few weeks.
As we journey into this new season together, I would like to ask you to join me in prayer for a few things:
- Please pray for your group/class. Pray for God’s movement in the lives of the people in your group. Pray that this season of life together would be transformational. Pray for wisdom in how to lead and invest in their lives.
- Pray for each other. (other Grow Together leaders in FCC)
- Pray for the new groups that will form. Pray for courage for our congregants to step out and to be willing to give community a chance. Pray for God’s provision of leaders for these groups.
- Pray for the leaders in our church.
- Pray for the other churches and small groups joining us in the Finding Your Way Back to God series. Pray for people in our community who are unchurched to give one of these churches a try during this series.
We are looking for individuals, families, and small groups to help lead carnival games at our Family Fun Night on August 28. This is an opportunity for us to build relationship with the people in our city. We are asking that people volunteer for a 90 minute session (4:00-5:30 or 5:15-6:45). Could you please pass this opportunity along to the people in your group/class and have them email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if they are interested.
Our Kickoff Leader Huddle is Sunday evening August 21 from 6-7:30 pm We will be discussing everything you need to know about our fall series, doing some key training for the year, and hopefully welcoming some new leaders to our group. If you have not already, please RSVP. Dinner is provided.