Hello awesome Grow Together Leaders,
- The Matthew series will begin the weekend of Feb 11/12 and run through Labor Day Weekend (Sept. 2/3). In total that is 30 weeks.
- For the most part we will be taking a straight walk through Matthew, except around Easter. We will take a break from the flow of Matthew to line up the events of Holy Week (Matthew 21:1-28:15) with Holy Week (April 9-16). We have some cool things planned that week. More to come on that.
- Once Holy week is over we will jump back into Matthew 9, where we leave off on April 2.
- For the first 6 weeks of the Matthew series (at a minimum) I will be creating a group study guide that will follow each weekend’s sermon. I would love for as many groups and classes as possible to utilize the study guides for those 6 weeks (Feb 12 – March 25).
- One of the reasons I am doing that is because I think it is very healthy for our people to use group and class time to build on what they are learning about each weekend. I also am planning to use these studies to help new small groups get started. If you know someone who is not in a group, but should be, please encourage them to sign up starting the weekend of Jan 28.
- A few of you have expressed that you already had plans for that period of time, and that is 100% OK. Please go ahead and use those plans. For people in your group or class who would still like to utilize these studies, they will be available to use for individual study.
- Studies will be available to leaders late in the week before they are taught that weekend. That way, you will have a couple of days to think through them even if your group meets on Sunday afternoon or evening.
- If these 6 weeks of studies go well and people seem interested I will continue to make these available throughout the 30 weeks.
Hopefully this helps bring clarity. If you have any questions, please click here to email me.
GROW TOGETHER HUDDLE
Also, please mark your calendar for Sunday Feb. 26 at 6 pm. That will be our next Grow Together Huddle, and I would love to see as many of you as possible so we can do an evaluation of the ministry and talk about next steps for groups and classes.
Well, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I look forward to seeing you this weekend sometime. Thank you for your leadership of your group, and please don’t ever hesitate to contact me with any concerns or questions.
I APPRECIATE YOU!