Hello fantastic Grow Together leaders, week 1 of the Matthew series has arrived. We are so excited to see what God is going to do in our church, each of our lives, and your groups and classes though this long slow walk through the book of Matthew.
JESUS ACCORDING TO MATTHEW – WEEK 1
As I promised the last several weeks, for at least the first six weeks of this study, we will be providing resources for you and your small group or class to use following the sermon.
HERE IS THE STUDY FOR NEXT WEEK (FEB 12-18)
IF YOUR GROUP/CLASS IS USING THIS STUDY
- Please download this document and share it with your group (after the weekend), or stop by the Welcome Center this weekend and pick up a copy.
- One of the questions included is “What questions do you hope to have answered throughout this series (about Jesus, about how his words apply to a specific topic, about a specific aspect of following him)?” Please have your group answer this question and share the answers with me. I would love to pass those along to the preaching team as they shape the weeks to come.
IF YOUR GROUP MEETS EVERY OTHER WEEK
- While the studies will come out weekly, their formats will follow a similar style each week. I would encourage you to take both studies from the weeks between your meetings and choose a few questions from each week.
IF YOUR GROUP/CLASS IS NOT USING THIS STUDY
- Please encourage the people in your group to use this study on their own. We will be texting a link to the study (the same document as above) out on Sunday afternoon. If the people in your group don’t receive those texts, they can simply text FIRSTDECATUR to 24587 or click here to sign up for emails.
- Even if your group is doing a different study, consider taking a few minutes of your group time to ask your group members what they took away from the series each week. That way, you can encourage them to build on what is being taught each weekend.
While our “Week of Prayer” is wrapping up, our ministry of prayer together remains. One of the ways you can continue to be involved in praying together is by joining our Weekend Prayer team. Each weekend we have a team of people praying for our services, our volunteers and staff, and events and initiatives taking place in the life of the church. If you would like to be involved in this team please email me at email@example.com.
YOUR GROUP PRAYING FOR THE CHURCH
Not only would this be a great way for individuals in your group/class to serve, but it could be a great way for your group to serve together. I would like to ask you to talk to your group or class about choosing a weekend to come and pray for our church. If you let me know what weekend and time work of your group, I will let you know where to meet and make sure you have everything you need.
Thank you again,