Hello awesome Grow Together Leaders and Teachers.
SERVE THE BLOCK
I know I mentioned this idea last week, but I wanted to give it another go because I think it’s a great way for our groups and classes to be others focused while partnering with a great ministry in our church. I’ve also had several questions, so I wanted to bring clarity.
HERES WHAT IS NEEDED:
- Choose a Saturday. We have a group taking May 6, but we are still looking to confirm groups for June 3, July 1, and Aug 5. If none of these weekends work for your group, please choose a Saturday that does and let us know.
- Let me know. Email me to let me know which date you picked.
- Make a meal.
- You will need enough food for 50 people (including yourselves).
- Most of the people that come will be children.
- Food will need to be prepared at your homes in advance.
- You will need to provide, food, drinks, and anything that goes with it.
- Pastor BJ does have a 5 gallon jug if you want to bring a powdered drink and use that.
- Pastor BJ will provide plates, cups, and utensils.
- Meals should be simple. Here is an example:
- Burgers and dogs – including buns, cheese, and condiments, or even ham and cheese sandwiches
- Some sort of salad or fruit
- Some sort of dessert
- something to drink.
- Show up, serve, and eat. Coordinate a time with Pastor BJ or Amanda Elven, show up, serve the meal, and hang out and eat with the neighbors.
INTENTIONAL CHURCH CONFERENCE
The Intentional Church conference is taking place at FCC on Saturday April 22 from 8:30-3:30. This one-day conference equips ministry leaders and volunteers to help them reach their communities for Jesus Christ. Here is a link with more information about the conference: Intentional Church Conference
If you are interested please register online here.
Thank you again for everything you do!