Next week is week 11 of 13 in the Off the Shelf series. For those of you who have done the OTS study, your final discussions will be the week of Dec. 2 – 6. In light of that, here are some observations.
- I realize that one of the studies is on Thanksgiving week. I know that may be tough for your group, so if you are unavailable that week, I would recommend combining it with week 13.
- Due to parties, concerts, family obligations, and the like, many groups elect to take December off. I would highly recommend that you consider taking a break during December, but if you do, here are a few ideas:
- Pick an evening to enjoy a meal together, no studies, and no big plans. December is already very full for many people. Make it a relaxed time for your group.
- Make sure you (and your group) know when you are starting up again in January. Have everyone put that date on the calendar. Sometimes breaks get long when there is ambiguity about the restart.
- Consider doing a small service project together as a group. The last couple of years, my group has partnered with my parent’s group and served at Hickory Point Christian Village for an evening. It was time well spent.
- Begin thinking now about what your group will study in January. We will not be putting out a group guide each week, but I would be happy to help guide you as you think about this. Please email me at any time if you would like help choosing a study.
OFF THE SHELF – WEEK 11
Below are the video and small group guide for week 11 of the Off the Shelf series. Please feel free to download the guide and share it digitally with your group members. There will also be paper copies available at the Welcome Center if you would prefer to pick them up there.
Here is the study guide for this week: Off the Shelf – Study Guide Week 11
Here is the video for this week:
If you can’t see the video, please click here.
BIBLE READING PLAN
For those of you who are doing the weekly reading plan, here is week 11: Week 11 OTS Reading Plan. This plan will be emailed on Monday morning to those who subscribed to the “Off the Shelf” email. Please share this link with anyone in your group who is not signed up: https://www.firstdecatur.org/offtheshelf/
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you, JG